View Single Post
Old 6th April 2012, 00:10

I am trying to do the same (manually un-ban a single IP address), but when I issue the command you cited, I receive the following in fail2ban's log:

Code:
fail2ban-client get sasl actionunban XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Code:
2012-04-05 14:50:48,671 fail2ban.comm   : WARNING Invalid command: ['get', 'sasl', 'actionunban', 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX']
(Note: the XXXs represent an actual IP address)

To make matters more confusing, according to the fail2ban Wiki ( http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Features ), manual actions, including un-banning, are not possible in version 0.8 (these features are on the road-map for 0.9):

Quote:
Manual control of ban list (ban, unban, reset). You currently have to restart the daemon to unban.
Yet, the "fail2ban-client --help" output corroborates the availability of this command:

Quote:
get <JAIL> actionunban <ACT> gets the unban command for the
action <ACT> for <JAIL>
I am using fail2ban 0.8.6.

I know the jail name ("sasl") is correct, because the client throws a different error (e.g., "Sorry but the jail 'fail2ban-sasl' does not exist") when the jail name is incorrect.

Am I missing the "unban" action in fail2ban's "action.d" directory? If so, from where did you acquire that file? And do you mind sharing it?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by cbj4074; 6th April 2012 at 00:23. Reason: Added actual command that I am issuing.