View Single Post
Old 5th April 2012, 18:26

I want to summarize my findings after 3 installations from scratch with the same result on Debian 6.

All the installations have been done step step by the ISPConfig Manual.

After the installation, all services are started successfully including mailman.

The problems occurs as soon as i create a mailing list.

I want to host a single domain (for now) and a second one that is a subdomain but not point to the same space.

This install is for the Pirate Party Greece so if anyone want to help us please contact me or write here. It is a non profit installation and is based only on open source software.

I create the website "pirateparty.gr" and the website "lists.pirateparty.gr" because we want them to be separated. "pirateparty.gr" will host a wordpress, a phpbb forum, and a wiki. "lists.pirateparty.gr" will host the mailing lists and maybe something custom for reading the archives but not for now.

I also create to different email domains, "pirateparty.gr" and "lists.pirateparty.gr". The first one will have user accounts and the second is only for the lists.

So far everything is ok.

I enable for the "lists.pirateparty.gr" website CGI and Python (is that correct?) and after that i create a single mailing list for the email domain "lists.pirateparty.gr". After that mailman stops working with the following error:

Code:
/etc/init.d/mailman restart
Restarting Mailman master qrunner: mailmanctlTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl", line 107, in <module>
    from Mailman import Utils
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 368, in <module>
    def MakeRandomPassword(length=mm_cfg.MEMBER_PASSWORD_LENGTH):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MEMBER_PASSWORD_LENGTH'
Before the creation of the mailing list mailman was restarting without issues.

It is obvious that the urls http://lists.pirateparty.gr/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/<list> and listinfo are not working with "error 404 not found"

I have done the installation 3 times with the same result.

If someone has something to contribute or point me to, we will be grateful.

Thank you in advance

Stratos.