View Single Post
Old 9th March 2012, 10:47

Default Perfect Setup - Debian Squeeze - SASL

i've folllowed the 'perfect server' guide for debian squeeze.

Server is fully up and running (great job) but I couldn't get the server to ask for authentication before sending. If i remember correctly from my old ISPCONFIG2 server - this is SASL's job?

i re-read the guide and found that step 10 on page 4 ( http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ispconfig-3-p4 ) says :

We can install Postfix, Dovecot, Saslauthd, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, rkhunter, and binutils with a single command:

Code:
apt-get install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mysql-client mysql-server openssl getmail4 rkhunter binutils dovecot-imapd dovecot-pop3d sudo
am i wrong, or is sasl not getting installed there?

is it too late to install it now? or did it get done automatically without specifying it?

if it's NOT getting installed, can i just do an apt-get at this late stage (server fully up and running) or will i need to do more configuration (presumably postfix needs be told to talk to it somehow, maybe the rest of the ispconfig system too?)

alternatively - am i on totally the wrong track, can i just add a line to postfix configuration. It's been a while since i had to do any of this and my head is a little rusty

Last edited by d-signet; 9th March 2012 at 10:53.
Sponsored Links