View Single Post
  #14  
Old 1st February 2012, 12:40
nicademus nicademus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile All fixed for Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
That was a bed choice, the svn code is untested development code, it might not work at all. SVN is only used for development systems that dont run any real sites and clients.



The manual update procedure is described in the release notes of every release, e.g.:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55706
Brilliant...I definately know where I went wrong - It was due to as I mentioned, not initially jailkit'ing but I found many posts saying to do ispconfig_update.sh to reconfigure services (after I updated jailkit) however when I ran that it wouldn't update as there was no update to that version. running SVN worked so I left it, until I found this problem.

NOOOWWWW I decided to skip one automated step slightly and run update_from_tgz.sh which I realised is the script that the ispconfig_update.sh runs once it confirms a version number update is available...so ran this, it reconfigured master database, and services, and I dare say overwrite all php files, etc. Now when I create a new database it creates all the user permissions on it as well..Subsequently when creating a new Client I can immediately go to the website tab and create a website and the user appears, instead of being a blank line (due to "name" field being blank in sys_group table)

THANK YOU heaps for time - not sure if a manual update will help original OP - but I would suggest giving it a go, and choose to "Reconfigure Master database permissions..." These may be totally different issues, but I don't see any harm in running the update manually just to make sure...of course I defer to the ISPConfig expert opinion on this...
Reply With Quote