View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2012, 05:28

Default Gmail website third party email address worked...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj4074 View Post
Next up, mail client configuration settings. (I wish I had seen that screenshot sooner, but that's okay.)

Have you tried any mail client other than Evolution, or tried from any location on the Internet other than your current location?

Many ISPs block outgoing traffic on port 25, so you'll never be able to send mail using that port. (The logic, while flawed, is that less SPAM will come from compromised PCs if they block port 25.)

Try using port 587 for your SMTP connection. (This is the same port you will use even with STARTTLS enabled.)

If you are using SSL for some reason (instead of STARTTLS), try port 465.
I've tried Kmail & Thunderbird with no success... (both of these wouldn't even complete the mail account setup because of an authentication problem with the server.) - tried TLS on port 25 and 587
From Gmail website, I was able to add a third party address 'admin@urbancampsite.com'
selected option to use urbancampsite.com's SMTP server with TLS on port 25
I was able to send an email from admin@urbancampsite.com from Gmail website and then recieved it in evolution...
note - while setting up third party address in Gmail also tried port 587 which didn.t work.
Sponsored Links