View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:44

First things first. Given that you are not using ISPConfig and appear not to be using virtual mailboxes, you should change this line

Code:
mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain
back to

Code:
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
Quote:
1.) My main.cf has been edited but the problem was there before I ever made any changes and I had a huge amount of spam being sent from my server. That sense stopped once I added all the restrictions. I also did a blacklist search which my server is not on.
The spam was being sent from your server? Not to it? If the spam stopped when you modified the recipient_restrictions, that indicates that you were receiving spam, not sending it out unknowingly. (If your machine was sending spam, it would indicate an open-replay problem.)

Quote:
2.) The IP 168.100.189.2/32 was done automatically during the setup. However, it seemed to have helped when I stopped using mynetworks and used mysetworks_style = subnet.
Okay, that sounds like a change worth making.

Quote:
3.) I am using CentOS 5.2. I do not have a file called mailname in my etc directory.
Okay, then you can ignore my related comments, as they do not apply to your system.

Quote:
When I switched my smtpd_recipient_restrictions to the shorter list that you gave me, I am now able to get a successful test through outlook now.
It's hard to say whether this is because you had syntax errors in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions directive value (namely, missing commas and an orphaned "permit" at the end) or because the rules were, in fact, too restrictive.

You might try fixing the syntax errors and see if your test-case works. If not, then go back to the shorter list that I provided.

Quote:
I may have to make a new thread but thought I would ask here. My reverse DNS keeps showing up as www1communicqationsgalores.com which is not correct. When I run host or nslookup my IP shows to be reversed to my domain so I am unsure why that other domain keeps showing up.
Where, exactly, is this domain name showing-up?

Do you even recognize the domain name, communicqationsgalores.com? Could this belong to your ISP (or whomever is hosting the VPS)? It looks as though this domain was transferred to name-services.com ( http://www.dailychanges.com/communic...om/2011-03-04/ ) and has some 3.5 million domains with which it is associated. So, perhaps it belongs to the hosting company that you're using.