View Single Post
Old 19th December 2011, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj4074 View Post
Is the server in question running ISPConfig? I'll assume that it is until you state otherwise.

The problem is most likely with the following line in main.cf:

Code:
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
You might try changing it to:

Code:
mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain
Do you have the following error in your logs?

Code:
postfix/trivial-rewrite[XXXX]: warning: do not list domain mydomain.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
See my post here for details:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...nknown-844118/

Also, if ISPConfig is installed, what value are you using (in main.cf) for

Code:
virtual_mailbox_domains
Finally, is this value accurate? Are you really using the "mail" subdomain?

Code:
myhostname = mail.domain.com
Thanks for the info.

However, I did try changing the mydestination configuration and that did not change anything and I currently do not have that error message in my maillog.

I do not have ISPConfig installed. From what I understand that is a control panel. I currently use Webmin to config the server.

As for the myhostname I do not use mail as a subdomain. After looking it seems it should be domain.com instead but that did not change anything either. Below is what I have in my maillog now.

Quote:
Dec 19 09:43:49 postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
Dec 19 09:43:49 postfix/master[26154]: daemon started -- version 2.3.3, configuration /etc/postfix
Dec 19 09:43:59 postfix/smtpd[26159]: warning: IP: address not listed for hostname domain.com
Dec 19 09:43:59 postfix/smtpd[26159]: connect from unknown[IP]
Dec 19 09:44:17 postfix/smtpd[26159]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[IP]: 554 5.7.1 <user@aol.com>: Relay access denied; from=<user@domain.com> to=<user@aol.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.domain.com>
Dec 19 09:44:19 postfix/smtpd[26159]: disconnect from unknown[IP]
Thanks,
Mike