So the same update worked there while it smashed the other system
Here are the steps to get the first system up again:
1) copy the mysql_clientdb.conf to the first server, in that file you will find the mysql root password of the second server. Replace it with the root password of the first server so that ispconfig on the first server can connect with tehse login details to the mysql db on localhost.
2) Copy the config.inc.php to the first server too, there are a few more things to replace:
- the file contains a setting for the server_id, set the server_id to 1 for the first server (if thats you master server.
- The password for the ispconfig mysql user has to be replaced. You can find the correct password in all the mysql* files in the /etc/postfix directory of the first server that you restored already.
- you will find some dbmaster settings in that file, these have to be empty on the master server as they are only required on slaved. Chnage the lines to:
$conf['dbmaster_host'] = '';
$conf['dbmaster_database'] = '';
$conf['dbmaster_user'] = '';
$conf['dbmaster_password'] = '';
- Change the version number from 184.108.40.206 to 3.0.4 or the version umber that the first server had before the update.
Please do all these replacements before you save the file on the first server. So dont copy the file first and then replace the values as this would cause problems if the master tries to act as slave with the wrong data.
The last step is to run:
cp /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php
Now you should be able to login to ispconfig again, but ispconfig will be still the old version, so dont change any values inside ispconfig yet.
If the login worked and ispconfig interface looked normal, then we try to update again, but this time on the shell. Before we do that, we backup everything that we restored already (just to be sure):
tar pcfz /root/ispconfig.tar.gz /usr/local/ispconfig
tar pcfz /root/etc/tar.gz /etc
mysqldump -u root -p dbispconfig > /root/dbispconfig.sql