View Single Post
Old 15th September 2005, 08:16
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,369 Times in 4,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndb
Thanks for your assistance - I did as instructed and the it still doesn't work. When I did the apt-get I get an error that the mysql-devel couldn't be found - same message for the apache apt-get from the installation instructions. All in all I am very disappointed in the ISPConfig product; installation instructions are not clear and appear to be faulty.

At this point I have given up on this product and would not recommend it to anyone.

Thanks.
Hello,

I'am sorry that you where not successful in installing ISPConfig. The installation instructions are not faulty, maybe you missed something when adding the apt sources. The mysql-devel package is available for suse by default and you can install it with apt or yast. As with many other software, ispconfig has its dependencys on other software packages and without fullfilling these dependencys you cant install ISPConfig.

Quote:
When I did the apt-get I get an error that the mysql-devel couldn't be found - same message for the apache apt-get from the installation instructions.
If you got these messages that apt cant find the nescessary packages, i would have recommended you to check your apt sources.list file if all nescessary sources are listed and then run apt-get update.

Best Regards,

Till