a few things to note:
1) I am using dynamic dns - so i do not have a static ip address set for this server.
my output of /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.1.1 server1.mydomain.com server1
so, the ip address in Server Config Tab of the ispconfig app is:
IP Address: 127.0.1.1
2) all the domains i am adding to my client reside on the machine where ispconfig is installed.
3) all the domains i am adding to my client have the same IP.
1) i cannot ping any added domains from an external machine. only internally.
2) i can access the all the added domains from a browser externally.
3) i can access the main server via ssh.
Thanks in advance!
- ISP Config v3.0.4
- Operating system: Oneiric Ubuntu Server 11.10
- Kernel: 3.0.0-12-server
- Processor: Dual Core AMD Athlon(tm) 4450B; 2.3 GHz, 2x512K Cache, x86_64
- Memory: 4.0 GB