View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2011, 02:01

Default ispconfig 2 future roadmap & support?

hello -

we have been using ispconfig 2 for several years now and are quite pleased with the control panel. thank you!

looking forward, the intent is to author a custom web app which our customers will use to manage their hosting plans. this custom web app would integrate with ispconfig 2 to facilitate.

i'm curious what the future roadmap & support looks like for ispconfig 2. i'm hesitant to invest in this path if there are plans to discontinue support in the next few years. we have several customizations in mind, and intend to share the end-result publicly for others hosting shops.

moving to ispconfig 3 today would cost a fair bit in terms of migration, training, and time. as such, i would prefer to maintain ispconfig 2 in production for the next few years while we begin to evaluate the upgrade to 3.

however, if the project plan is to discontinue the ispconfig 2 in the near future it would be better we begin the transition sooner than later -- particularly if ispconfig 2 api is (in essence) deprecated in favor of 3.

can you offer any recommendation here? is there a publicly available roadmap detailing the future of ispconfig 2? is either platform (2 or 3) recommended over the other given a developer's perspective? has the ispconfig 2 api been deprecated?

thank you for all of your hard work!
- nathan
Sponsored Links