Thread: BIND 9 issue
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2011, 15:23

Default BIND 9 issue

I have recently installed ISPConfig 3 in a new server. The system was OK after the installation, but when I have physically installed it in the data center, I have realized that external DNSs responses were not functioning. I have parked two separate domains on the server and added some A and CNAME records using ISPconfig interface. Server does not respond to external queries. Just for your information, the version installed is 3.0.3.3 and the WAN interface is on the DMZ (so no port forwarding is required). I can confirm that, the prior server (an ISPconfig 2 machine) had no issues using the existing configuration.

I have used the following different installations when trying to localize the problem. Just to make sure that I was not doing any mistakes I have installed and checked each configuration separately.

The Perfect Server Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) With BIND & Dovecot [ISPConfig 3]
The Perfect Server Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) With BIND & Courier [ISPConfig 3]

In all of these cases, BIND queries failed. Later I have discovered that during boot I receive BIND related errors. When I use /etc/init.d/bind9 restart, it looks like the service is running, but again no response on the outside.

Could this be a specific BIND bug related to current version?

Thanx,
Hakan
Sponsored Links