View Single Post
Old 19th October 2011, 21:14

The manual mentions installing multiple packages in one syntax regarding the mail part, which is perfectly fine:
"aptitude install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mysql-client mysql-server courier-authdaemon courier-authlib-mysql courier-pop courier-pop-ssl courier-imap courier-imap-ssl libsasl2-2 libsasl2-modules libsasl2-modules-sql sasl2-bin libpam-mysql openssl getmail4 rkhunter binutils maildrop "

However I wasn't paying close enough attention to the output/feedback of the scripts of the various packages and missed the message:

"Postfix is not set up, start with
cp /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.debian /etc/postfix/main.cf <snip>"

This caused the following error message when setting loose the ISPConfig3 install script, and stuff didn't work afterwards:

PHP Warning: copy(/etc/postfix/main.cf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /root/temp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 789

I copied main.cf as described above and started postfix, without issues.

So thanks to till for the above and below, then I reinstalled the postfix packages:

apt-get install --reinstall postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc

And then ran the ispconfig3 update script instead of install script, and chose the 'reconfigure packages option':

php -q update.php

Admin page reachable and able to login after that, so all working fine.

I have the new ispconfig3 manual, so stuff is only starting now.

Thanks for your help!

Louis