Thanks. It seems to be looking for a system user, but I don't know why? Unless it's because of the STARTTLS failure in line 5 (I added numbers and spaces between lines).
Not sure why that line is from sendmail, which is stopped. In this example user allen is not and never was a system user, only defined as virtual user.
1) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 postfix/smtp: 8C3BF20AB4: to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024, dela
y=1.1, delays=0.36/0.02/0/0.67, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok, id=01678-06, from MTA([127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 681A520ABA)
2) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 sendmail: p9EHWjOR015924: Authentication-Warning: ns01.mydomain.com: vmail set sender to <> using -f
3) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 sendmail: p9EHWjOR015924: from=<>, size=2077, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=CADzCQvHM1Y0R3zQOngEibF8LPpamDNHTBQ_TyR1GMuU qzqVYhQ@mail.gmail.com>, relay=vmail@localhost
4) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 postfix/smtpd: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
5) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 sendmail: STARTTLS=client, relay=[127.0.0.1], version=TLSv1/SSLv3, verify=FAIL, cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits=256/256
6) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.1 <email@example.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<> to=<firstname.lastname@example.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<ns01.mydomain.com>
7) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 sendmail: p9EHWjOR015924: email@example.com, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=32077, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=5.1.1, stat=User unknown
8) Oct 14 13:32:45 ns01 sendmail: p9EHWjOR015924: p9EHWjOS015924: postmaster notify: User unknown
Immediately following we get "User unknown in local recipient table" from Postfix, then same thing in line 7 again from sendmail.
In line 8 it sends the message to root, which I do get as displayed above.
I am familiar with sendmail but not so much with Postfix and Maildrop, but I'm learning. Thanks for your help!!!