Problems still exist
Thanks for your advice. I have done extensive testing and have the following problems:
1. Squirrelmail, phpMyAdmin and phpPgAdmin at domain.com/squirrelmail, domain.com/phpMyAdmin and domain.com/phppgadmin ONLY show a login screen in sites that are set as MOD_PHP and NEVER show a login screen for sites that are set in ISPConfig3 as FastCGI.
2. To get the mod_php sites to show a login screen I had to make the following changes:
in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php I had to add the line:
$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://localhost/phpmyadmin';
in /etc/phppgadmin/config.inc.php I had to modify the 'host' value to be 'localhost'
3. When I try to access the login for any of the 3, squirrelmail, phpmyadmin or phppgadmin, at sites which are set to FastCGI I get no login screen, and a file is trying to download. In squirrelmail I also get the following error message:
Error opening .../config/default_pref
Could not create initial preference file
/var/lib/squirrelmail/data should be writeable by user www-data
And most strange of all, in my /etc/apache2/conf.d directory I have entries for phppgadmin and squirrelmail:
but NO entry for phpmyadmin.
I am able to successfully login to squirrelmail, phpmyadmin and phppgadmin on MOD_PHP sites.
4. In my /etc/apache2/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf file I have:
Alias /squirrelmail /usr/share/squirrelmail
Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail
and I have:
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1 etc
everything else looks OK
5. In my /etc/apache2/conf.d/phppgadmin file I have:
Alias /phppgadmin /usr/share/phppgadmin
#deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
#allow from all
Can you make any sense of this and give me any advice, please. I do want to use FastCGI on some sites.
Thank you very much,