View Single Post
Old 7th October 2011, 13:45

Default Problems still exist

Hello,

Thanks for your advice. I have done extensive testing and have the following problems:

1. Squirrelmail, phpMyAdmin and phpPgAdmin at domain.com/squirrelmail, domain.com/phpMyAdmin and domain.com/phppgadmin ONLY show a login screen in sites that are set as MOD_PHP and NEVER show a login screen for sites that are set in ISPConfig3 as FastCGI.

2. To get the mod_php sites to show a login screen I had to make the following changes:

in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php I had to add the line:
$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://localhost/phpmyadmin';

in /etc/phppgadmin/config.inc.php I had to modify the 'host' value to be 'localhost'

3. When I try to access the login for any of the 3, squirrelmail, phpmyadmin or phppgadmin, at sites which are set to FastCGI I get no login screen, and a file is trying to download. In squirrelmail I also get the following error message:

Error opening .../config/default_pref
Could not create initial preference file
/var/lib/squirrelmail/data should be writeable by user www-data

And most strange of all, in my /etc/apache2/conf.d directory I have entries for phppgadmin and squirrelmail:

phppgadmin@
squirrelmail.conf@

but NO entry for phpmyadmin.

I am able to successfully login to squirrelmail, phpmyadmin and phppgadmin on MOD_PHP sites.

4. In my /etc/apache2/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf file I have:

Alias /squirrelmail /usr/share/squirrelmail
Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

and I have:

<Files configtest.php
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1 etc

everything else looks OK

5. In my /etc/apache2/conf.d/phppgadmin file I have:

Alias /phppgadmin /usr/share/phppgadmin

and

#deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
#allow from all

Can you make any sense of this and give me any advice, please. I do want to use FastCGI on some sites.

Thank you very much,

Eddie