View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:48
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,596 Times in 4,407 Posts

Quote:
Lastly, I re-read Till's response, above in this thread, and perhaps did not comprehend what he states about choosing * or an IP for each Web Domain. I am hosting many many sites on this server, so without talking about ssl - which I know requires a dedicates Ip for each site, I want to use one IP for a hundred or more sites - Till says to choose the *, or if no other website is using an Ip an IP address, then says it is safer to choose an IP? I don't understand - I don't think this is very important, but I am trying to eliminate errors and set up the server properly - is it better to use the *, IP1 (which is being used for sever1.net-speed.com and ns1.net-speed.com) or IP2, which is being used for ns2.net-speed.com, OR try to balance the web domains and give half to each IP? I would appreciate a recommendation on this - or a clear statement that it doesn't matter at all.
If you dont use ssl, then you can either use * for ALL websites or the IP for ALL websites, but dont mix that! You can also balance it between the IP addresses as long as you dont mix it with *, but this wont give you any benefits.