View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:49

Default Moving an SSL cert from another server

Hi there

I previously hosted some websites with a shared host (i.e. 3rd party provider) using IIS on Windows, now I've moved them to my own VPS with ISPConfig installed (i.e. I'm the provider). I'm using "The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze" installation.

Although I previously used a shared hosting environment, my provider had purchased an SSL certificate for one of my domains (using RapidSSL) and installed it to my site. The certificate was for a domain name as opposed to an IP address.

He has now kindly sent me the certificate file (.pfx) and a separate password which he said is used for installing the certificate. I've checked this certificate and password by installing it on my personal computer (Windows) in the personal certificate store, to verify the password worked okay.

I tried to export the certificate from my personal store in a different format so that I could paste the certificate text into the SSL tab for a site in ISPConfig ... but when I visit the site over https, I get

SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

How do I get this certificate into one of my sites in ISPConfig?

Thanks
Sponsored Links