View Single Post
Old 13th August 2011, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Are there any errors in your mail log (in the /var/log/ directory)?

Do you use Maildir or mailbox? Because Dovecot uses Maildir, but if mails arrive in mailbox, Dovecot doesn't find them.
I am using Maildir. All the mailboxes and mysql etc was copied from the old machine (perfect server suse 11.1) as per Mark_NL's instructions earlier in this thread.

I can't cut and paste out of PuTTY at the moment for some reason, so here are some edited highlights from the mail.log:
Code:
Aug 8 12:52:36 linux postfix/postfix-script[6122]: fatal: the Postfix mail server is not running
Aug 8  18:23:11 xxxx dovecot:auth-worker(default): sql(webmaster@xxxx.co.uk nnn.nnn.nnn.nnnn): password query failed: Table ' dbispconfig.mil.user' doesn't exist
Aug 8 18:26:59 xxxx postfix/trivial-rewrite[10655]: fatal proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Aug 9 10:25:03 xxxx postfix/smtpd[4329] fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
Aug 10 10:35:15 xxxx dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Time adjusted backwards by 10799 seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now...
Aug 10 10:25:03 xxxx postfix/smtpd[4329] fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
Aug 10 13:35:26 xxxx amavis[16291]: (16292-04) (!!) TROUBLE in process request: Error writing a SMTP response to the socket: Broken pipe at (eval99) line 987, <GEN67> line 555.
Aug 10 10:25:03 xxxx postfix/smtpd[4329] fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

The SASL auth message is repeated ad infinitum
All others occurred only once since firing up the system on Aug 8
The time message was caused by resetting the system clock to GMT from UTC and explains why the POP3 daemon etc had become disabled.

I don't think there is anything untoward in the other logs, all the messages seem quite normal

I can send emails via SMTP STARTTLS
Mail is arriving at ../domain/user/Maildir/new and is accessible by webmail

BTW, my reply to your earlier request for info about the apache / mysql problem seems to have been lost.

You asked me to change the mysql-connect instruction to "localhost" from the FQDomainname.

The result of that was for the error message to change to:

Code:
Access denied for user 'c4wmstudio'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Sponsored Links