Originally Posted by vaio1
First of all thanks for your script. I have 3 production server boxes and one backup server.
I have installed ISPConfig in the Multiserver setup system. So I have different services for each server.
1. Server A
2. Server B
---> Database Server
3. Server C
---> Mail Server
4. Server D
---> Backup Server
Is there a way to send the request to backup from the Backup SERVER to every other servers? I would like to load the script from the backup server and store all the backups files and directory in the Backup SERVER.
The way I do it is to have a copy of the script on each of the servers and create on the backup server a dir for every server. For example:
1. on Server D I can make /backup/Server_A, /backup/Server_B, /backup/Server_C
2. mount the dir /backup/Server_A/ on Server A to dir /backup
3. mount the dir /backup/Server_B/ on Server B to dir /backup
4. mount the dir /backup/Server_C/ on Server C to dir /backup
5. define the BACKUPDIR="/backup/$COMPUTER" on servers A,B,C (you can have BACKUPDIR="/backup", but it's usefull to have a good name to your backups)
6. set up the cron jobs on the servers