View Single Post
Old 29th June 2011, 02:17

I realized a simple test with another external hosting trying to obtain simple records from my mysql server.
I finished all the lines which try to conect to DB with the function "or die (mysql_errno());"

The result when I go to test.php is:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /XXXX/test.php on line 10
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

In the line 10 there's the 1st sentence connection:
mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpasswd) or die (mysql_errno());

I have to say the external hosting is not a slave of the mysql server. I mean, I have just ISPConfig in the mysql server. The other hosting is a VPS so I can't install anything else.
The forum is running in the VPS. As traffic has increase I need a powerful mysql server to respond all the user petitions. So I chose a dedicated server running the ISPConfig just to bring the DB.

Should I configure something else in the ISPConfig to be able to acces to its mysql from another server which is outside its network?

Last edited by liloman; 29th June 2011 at 02:26. Reason: I forgot the last sentence