View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:48

Hi everyone,

For those who are interested, i did a complete rewrite of the wdbackup.sh and create 2 backupscripts, 1 for an external (your own?) FTP server and 1 for an internal FTP server (hired from or provided by the server hoster)

Short description:

Using an internal FTP backupserver.
This script will copy the websites backup files at 02.00H, the MySQL databases every 4 hours starting at 02.00H and the ISPconfig website and SQL database at 14.00H and 22:00H to an internal FTP server.
The MySQL backup databases on the local server will be purged every 7 days except the sunday backup, this database will be purged every 4 weeks.

Using an external FTP backupserver.
This script will copy the websites at 02.00H, the MySQL databases every 4 hours starting at 02.00H and the ISPconfig website and SQL database at 14.00H and 22:00H to a external FTP server of your choice. Every MySQL backup is overwritten after 24 hours, the websites backup is overwritten after 2 days. The MySQL backup databases on the local server will be purged every 7 days exept the sunday backup, this database will be purged every 4 weeks.

I've used the article http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52466 which describes a standalone FTP server with a webinterface to setup my own backup solution.

The scripts are located in the first post
More information is in top of both scripts.

Ronald