Thanks Till for your prompt reply.
As stated I've had it fixed already.
( it's a heavily customized Debian lenny setup, partially upgraded to squeeze )
I didn't have time yet to look at / find the ispconfig install logs to see what went wrong.. just re-installed bind and replaced all related stuff from my backup ... and it's now happily humming again ...
Still have to solve some weird mail issues, as it seems that it rejects mails from firstname.lastname@example.org
on my primary domain.
do not list domain xxxxxxxxxxx in BOTH mydestination and
I found that the updatescript changed this in my postfix main.cfg, which is incorrect