View Single Post
Old 15th April 2011, 19:14

Red face Some errors

Hello,

- for the first error please check your mysql version, use latest available for Ubuntu. Maybe this can help: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=21527
For what I know there is no need to modify the database dumps lines in the script... I will make some checks later this weekend if I'll have some spare time.

- for the second error please check your dirs you want to backup, you have some dot "." in the message and the script complains about not finding the "/root." directory, not the "/root"...

If you have more problems, or you can figure out a way to get rid of the mysql error please return here so your message helps others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannekino View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to use the back-res script. I'm getting a few errors and it doesn't work for me. I'm using ISPConfig 3 on Ubuntu.

First I got this:

Code:
mysqldump: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' to database 'information_schema' when using LOCK TABLES
I checked the rights and the root user has all rights globally, also for LOCK TABLES. I added "--single-transaction" to the mysqldump link in the script. But I find the error message strange because all the necessary rights are provided. I also added LOCK TABLES specifically for the information_schema database but I got the same message.

After adding the single transaction line the script would continue but then I got this message.

Code:
/bin/tar: /root.: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Any thoughts? It's a pretty basic ISPConfig setup. Only a few domains for private use. I used the HowtoForge guido for installing ISPConfig 3 on Ubuntu.