View Single Post
Old 5th March 2011, 14:17

Maybe I must include this to the guide.
When you run apt-get install roundcube, then you'll be asked about the database system to use (I use mysql). After that you'll be asked for the password of the db admin user (usually root). At the end you'll be asked for the password of roundcube database (the db-config system will create the roundcube database and the roundcube user)

If all the above do not help (and you cannot recreate or configure the db) then:
Code:
apt-get remove --purge roundcube roundcube-mysql
apt-get install  roundcube roundcube-mysql
dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core
The last one will ask you a lot of questions (assuming that you install on a single server installation, I 'll post some possible answers):
1) ... IMAP = leave blank or enter localhost or even your server's full hostname
2) language = whatever you want
3) Reinstall database? = Yes
4) Database type = mysql
5) Connection method = unix socket
6) Name of the database's administrative user root (almost always .. few people changes this)
7) root password = the administrative user's password (this is needed to create the roundcube db and user)
8) username for roundcube = roundcube (or whatever you want)
9) database name for roundcube = roundcube (or whatever you want)
10) Web server(s) to configure automatically = apache2 (possibly)

If you already created the db, then in the last step you'll get an error. Ignore it, remove the db (roundcube's db) and the roundcube user, with the phpmyadmin and rerun the dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core.

Last edited by 8omas; 5th March 2011 at 18:26.