View Single Post
Old 30th January 2011, 21:39
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

Quote:
Why is this restriction, can i change it somehow, by editing some ISPC scripts ??
This is a restriction of mod_php and not a restriction in ispconfig. mod_php simply does not support custom php.ini files for every vhost. So if you want to enable that, you will have to change the code of mod_php and not ispconfig.

But for mod_php, you dont use a custom php.ini file as you set config values for mod_php with "php_flag" and "php_value" directives in the apache directives field instead of the php.ini field.

Quote:
I don't want allow users change theirs PHP settings, but allow for adminstrator. DOn't want to use Fast-CGI users are confused from it, most of software and tutorials is ready for mod-PHP...
Thats a bad decision security wise and also a bad decision for your customers as their scripts will not work as good with mod_php then they would work with fcgi-php + suexec enabled. All php scripts and cms systems that I used in the last years work fine with fcgi and almost all cms systems work even much better with php-fcgi and suexec as this allows the upload and update functions in the cms systems to work properly and is also more secure then using mod_php.