Thread: RoundCube
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 12:41

Send a message via Skype™ to Hans
Smile Good experience with RoundCube!

I have RoundCube up and running here on my “Perfect Debian Sarge system” and looks very nice!
The last couple of weeks I have tried Horde & Squirrelmail, because the Uebimiau project looks very dead. Although RoundCube is still in Beta, it looks very good with an active community as well.
At the moment, I have Roundcube running parallel with Uebimiau, but when there is a stable version available, I switch over! So I made my choice!

What I did was the following:
I created a website within ISPConfig with SSL and MySQL enabled.
I downloaded RoundCube within this website and extracted it.
Changed the filenames db.inc.php.dist into db.inc.php and main.inc.php.dist in main.inc.php
I changed the timezone, login, password and databasename within the file db.inc.php as described here:
http://www.paulstamatiou.com/2005/10...n-your-server/
I created a new main.inc.php file for ISPConfig according paulrobert_a ‘s instruction in this thread.

There is a possiblility to login with username@domain.tld and only username without @domain.tld as well.

I had a problem within Roundcube (wrong timestamps for the e-mails), but in the meantime that is solved.

Tip: within the latest CVS version, there are more languages and themes available.

Although Roundcube has nothing to do with ISPConfig, also here is the username@www.domain.com problem. (The identity of the mailboxuser is not username@domain.tld as it should be).
Maybe Roundcube copies the name@www.domain.tld identity from the server somehow.

If they add more functionality/stability, Roundcube has a great future!

Hans

Last edited by Hans; 4th May 2006 at 22:11.