Thread: Webmail
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2010, 03:52

Send a message via MSN to entertheraptor

OK, the problem was that both the "main.inc.php" and "db.inc.php" files were missing the closing "?>"

So it's all working now. I did actually think of that but thats how Roundcube presented those files to me during the instillation process with the instructions to save the files exactly as they were to the appropriate directory so I figured that they knew what they were doing.

The issue I have now is getting "mydomain.com/webmail" to redirect to the directory that Roundcube is installed in. I followed the instructions above and created the "roundcube.conf" file but now when I go to "mydomain.com/webmail" the browser wants to download a file. When I download the file and open it in Notepad it has the following contents.

<?php

/**
* index.php
* Redirects to the login page.
* @copyright 1999-2010 The SquirrelMail Project Team
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
* @version $Id: index.php 13893 2010-01-25 02:47:41Z pdontthink $
* @package squirrelmail
*/

// Are we configured yet?
if( ! file_exists ( 'config/config.php' ) ) {
echo '<html><body><p><strong>ERROR:</strong> Config file ' .
'&quot;<tt>config/config.php</tt>&quot; not found. You need to ' .
'configure SquirrelMail before you can use it.</p></body></html>';
exit;
}

// If we are, go ahead to the login page.
header('Location: src/login.php');

?>

...which appears (based on my very limited programming knowledge) to be a script that checks to see if "SquirrelMail" is configured and if so go to the "SquirrelMail" login page. Perhaps a conflict between "Roundcube" and "SquirrelMail"???

Maybe also has something to do with the fact that I have to append :81 to the end of the domain name before the /webmail when accessing the server on a local machine because my server is listening on port 81 due to my routers refusal to forward to port 80.

Help please.