View Single Post
Old 11th November 2010, 00:36

Default problems after secondary install (mysql ispconfig user+dbispconfig)

I reinstalled ispconfig a second time after uninstalling a botched first install by running the uninstall script. I think I used dbispconfig1 as db name in the first install but dbispconfig in the second install. It appears that the uninstall procedure did not delete the previous config files in /etc/postfix as I seem to have all files backed up in the directory /etc/postfix/

HTML Code:
body_checks         mysql-virtual_client.cf        mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf~           mysql-virtual_transports.cf
dynamicmaps.cf      mysql-virtual_client.cf~       mysql-virtual_recipient.cf            mysql-virtual_transports.cf~
header_checks       mysql-virtual_domains.cf       mysql-virtual_recipient.cf~           nested_header_checks
main.cf             mysql-virtual_domains.cf~      mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf         postfix-files
main.cf~            mysql-virtual_email2email.cf   mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf~        postfix-script
main.cf~2           mysql-virtual_email2email.cf~  mysql-virtual_relayrecipientmaps.cf   post-install
master.cf           mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf   mysql-virtual_relayrecipientmaps.cf~  sasl
master.cf~          mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf~  mysql-virtual_sender.cf               smtpd.cert
mime_header_checks  mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf     mysql-virtual_sender.cf~              smtpd.key
While I was able to log on to the ispconfig webinterface after the second install I was not able to send email. After checking the credentials in the /etc/postfix/mysql-* files (without the ~) they still pointed to the db dbispconfig1 (from previous install) and a password which didin't work when trying to connect to the mysqldb dbispconfig.

I then changed the password of the mysql user ispconfig to what was in the .cf files and matched the db name in the .cf files to dbispconfig. I was now able to send email - but instead I lost the connection to my ispconfig interface . I found the db pwd can be changed easily in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php

What do you think happened? Is this maybe a bug in the uninstaller or my own fault. I maybe have to add that I have a 3 server setup:
1 dedicated webserver , 1 dedicated mail server and a backup server which is supposed to mirror the two for redundancy (not implemented yet) but this was all on the webserver.
Sponsored Links