Miljan, thanks for the script and the reply.
I made just a couple of changes for my use. (the file is attached) Here are my notes:
# ereg() was deprecated, replaced with preg_match()
# debug 'echo's added
# insert fields to allow deletion from the gui
Regarding the reverse records, I added a record from the GUI (mydnsconfig) and that created the new reverse zone. After that, my next dynamic entry showed up with a PTR record so, with a slight change in deployment, I might get away without asking for changes. It's late and I didn't verify this by starting from scratch.
Again, thanks for the script and if you make any changes, I'd like to know.