If I change the mydomin - to a domain not in use at all or referenced on the server, no email is received, and nothing shows in the mail log.
Sep 19 18:08:23 fury postfix/smtpd: disconnect from unknown[192.168.2.41]
Sep 19 18:08:23 fury postfix/local: CB24242E7: to=<web1_user@hostname>, orig_to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=local, delay=2.6, delays=0.03/0/0/2.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/proc$
Sep 19 18:08:23 fury postfix/qmgr: CB24242E7: removed
I have removed the actual domains in use above. As you can see, mail being sent to the web2 domain, is received in the web1 catch all.
I can see what your saying Till - but any combination of the above doenst work. My main issue is - the server config hasnt been changed, and has been working fine for 8 - 9 months !