View Single Post
Old 19th September 2010, 13:30

Unhappy Creation of new site not working

Falko, it is not working.

1) Replication is working fine (ispconfigdb and Drupal databases)

2) I have the cron job creating the .run file every 10 minutes and that is working fine

3) However, I created a new Drupal site tied to webXdb1, and created the replication database stub on the secondary, etc. But, ISPConfig never creates the User/Group/etc in the OS (I checked /etc/passwd)

4) What I get from Drupal is:

Code:
Site off-line
The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.
The mysqli error was: Access denied for user 'webXu1'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
(and that is not because of any error in the settings.php, it is because that User/Group does not exist at the OS level so it can't authenticate with mysql using the credentials that are in the settings.php).

5) Reminder that I am not replicating the "/var/lib/mysql" database -- could this have anything to do with it?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Good point. Yes, I think creating the file every five minutes or so makes sense.

Last edited by tester321; 19th September 2010 at 13:46.