Thread: Getmail problem
View Single Post
  #2  
Old 17th September 2010, 01:49
matty matty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 85
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I have no idea about those erors, but when I tried setting up getmail through the ISPC3 interface, I didn't have much luck as it's setup to deliver to only one mailbox. I needed to come up with my own configuration to distribute to many mailboxes. Try changing (or creating) the file /etc/getmail/<whatever>.conf to the following:

Code:
[options]
message_log_syslog = 1
delivered_to = false
# Change this to delete = 1 to remove messages from server
delete = 0

[retriever]
type = MultidropPOP3Retriever
server = pop3.example.com
username = user@example.com
password = thepassword
envelope_recipient = Envelope-to:1

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
arguments = ("-i", "-bm", "%(recipient)")
unixfrom = true
I also had to add the following to the top of /etc/postfix/header_checks
Change it to suit your own domain/s.
Code:
# Getmail doesn't like it if "Delivered-To" exists prior to processing.
# Change the line to be X-Delivered-To instead
/^(Delivered-To:.*@example\.com\.au)$/ REPLACE X-$1
Reply With Quote