View Single Post
Old 7th September 2010, 18:09

Quote:
1) Make sure that you selected server 2 and 3 to be a mirror of server 1 in the ispconfig server settings if you want that records get mirrored to the other servers in the cluster automatically.
Till, what I mean is that I was expecting to see the DNS records added to the other servers; I do not need any of the additional servers to mirror the master.

Quote:
2) ou added incomplete zones for arenahosting.org and dtxigaming.com. Both zones have no NS records. To fix this, add NS records for these zones. I recommend that you use the dns wizard the next time when you create zones as the wizard creates all nescessary records for a zone automatically.
I did use the wizard - I know you have repeatedly suggested this in the past to other forum members. And I have the NS records in place.

Edit:

I found the problem: somehow, while playing around the DNS control panel I managed to defer partial Zone entries to the 3rd server, prior to the correct creation of NS entries. Named was unhappy about the results and refused to start.
I solved the problem by removing the truncated /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.local and recreating a new empty file, according to the original installation instructions. After that named was happy to start and now I see DNS working properly across the cluster.

Last edited by archange; 7th September 2010 at 22:34.