View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:45

Matty,it did fix the problem thank you. I am almost there. I notice that my ns1 and ns2 nameservers had a dot append at the end of the name. I would like to suggest that some add some code that would append this period if missing and let the people decide to delete it proving that they know what they are doing.

My remaining problems is at zone edit and the synchronization. DNSsy:

1- All of your nameservers match: Your nameservers returned different nameserver records.

Got 4 records at ns1.designernet.com.. Got 2 records at ns9.zoneedit.com.
Fail

2- Number of SOA records: Each of your nameservers should return exactly one SOA record. This was not the case. The following problems were found:

ns9.zoneedit.com (0 SOA records)
ns9.zoneedit.com (0 SOA records)
Fail

SOA Serial Match:Your nameservers returned different SOA serial numbers. This probably means that they are not synchronised properly. Fail

]SOA Master Nameserver Match:Your nameservers returned different SOA master nameservers. Fail

SOA Admin Email Match: Your nameservers returned different SOA admin email addresses. Fail

SOA Refresh Match: Your nameservers returned different SOA refresh values. Fail

SOA Retry Match: Your nameservers returned different SOA retry values. Fail

SOA Expire Match: Your nameservers returned different SOA expire values. Fail

SOA Minimum TTL Match: Your nameservers returned different SOA minimum TTL value. Fail

At zoneedit when choosing the nameserver secondary option, you are asked the master IP address and they give you 2 nameservers with addresses with a set of simple instruction to add them at your domain registrar.

In ISPconfig the only plase related to this secondary setup is to give the addresses in the allow zone transfer. I separated them with a comma. This does not seem to work or is there a way to verify that it does?

At the domain registrar if I tried to add ns1 and ns2 with the same ip address it will not allow it.I discovered that you add one then wait a few day then add the second one. Hence this allowed me to have to two name server on one IP,giving me the authority this was the answer to my first post.