View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:24

Send a message via Skype™ to Hans
Exclamation Apache - Virtual hosts - ISPConfig

After adding a new site within ISConfig 2.2.1 via > ISP Manager > New site > there appear NO modifcations within /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
The result is that the created website is NOT reachable from the Internet.

I have also seen that there is a long list in directory /etc/apache2/vhosts/ with different Vhost files like: /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf_22-04-06_13-23-59

I have to say that every time I create a new website in ISPConfig, the virtual host for the last site appears in the last file like: /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf_dd-mm-yy_hr-min-sec.

So I did the following to solve the problem:
I renamed /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf to /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig-old.conf

I copied the last and most up to date /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf_dd-mm-yy_hr-min-sec to /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf

I restarted Apache by: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

While starting up Apache again an error occurs:

Invalid command 'php_admin_flag', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

I removed all the lines starting with 'php_admin_flag' within my new /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf

After this, Apache is starting up successfully again, although it gave me a warning:

Forcing reload of web server: Apache2 ... no pidfile found! not running?

And, via ISPConfig I can NOT add new virtualhosts within my file /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf.

How can I solve this problem?

Hans
Sponsored Links