View Single Post
Old 28th July 2010, 04:13

Default Ubuntu 10.04 and ISPConfig 3.0.2.2

Hello all !

Have been looking around in here for the last couple of years, but this is my first post.

First, I have one static IP address from my internet provider. My Domain Names are registered thru Federal Domain. They have "Complete DNS Control" built into my package so I can change "A" records, Name Servers, etc.... I want to run three websites on my server (my business website, a personal website, and my sons hockey team website).

Had been running my website on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS with Apache. Had originally installed ISPConfig 2 on the server a year ago, but couldn't get it to work. So I removed it and everything has been fine since.

Well, now I need to host a couple of extra websites to the server, so time to upgrade and try ISPConfig again.

Reloaded the webserver to Ubuntu 10.04 and ISPCpnfig 3.0.2.2. Used the "Perfect Ubuntu Server" guide. ISPConfig is working. Have created users. and two of the three websites. Have already been able to use FTP and uploaded pages to each of the websites.

Now I am stuck on the DNS issues. When I use either my IP address, or Domain Name I get the "It works!" page. Where I am stuck is how do I get each seperate Domain Name to point to a specific website. Seems that the IP Address is pointing to a catchall type page.

Could someone please point me in the direction of some specific step by step instructions on what should be where. and what needs done to get the world to see my websites. I am at a loss at this point and don't want to uninstall ISPConfig3.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Sam
Sponsored Links