- Get your zone files straight (including reversed zones)
- Setup correct MX records
- Setup correct SPF records
- Setup correct DKIM Headers
- Fetch bounce mails, and remove unknown users etc.
- Add a "List-Unsubscribe" header (mailto for best compat.)
- Add your ip to MS SNDS (if you have alot of microsoft related addresses): https://postmaster.live.com/snds/index.aspx
We're using phplist, and a fine tuned postfix .. we send out about 130-150k mails per week (mostly hotmail/live etc). That takes about 2-3days to send out, since hotmail just won't allow you to send at such a high delivery rate (unles you sign up for senderscore.net)