View Single Post
Old 30th April 2010, 11:23
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,596 Times in 4,407 Posts

Quote:
15 minutes is an estimate, I gave up after 15 minutes and made myself lunch, and when I came back 25 minutes later, the jobqueue was finally empty and all the tasks had been performed. So the real elapsed time could've been anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes.
Then the cronjob must had been interrupted, e.g. killed manually which left the lock files there. The sysetm tries to repair itself if someone interuupted it after some time.

Quote:
My log file is filled with the following:
Code:

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/imagick.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/imap.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0

Over and over and over for ever and ever...
which is from your linux distribution and not ispconfig. As the error message states, the use of # for comments is deprecated. You can e.g. delete all lines starting with #

Quote:
ln: creating hard link `/var/www/clients/client1/web5/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' => `/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock': Invalid cross-device link
There seems to be a problem with your harddisk layout. It looks as if /var/www and /var/run/.... are on separate partitions. This means that jails will not work as e.g. hardlinks from within the jail to the mysql socket are not possible. If you would have followed the perfect server guide to install your system, you would not have got this problem.

Quote:
This is a completely useless log file.
Most Linux commands do not add a timestamp to the error messages thats they send to stderr. ISPConfig is using system commands, it does not write a new linux distribution. If you want to know which lines get added, simply clear the log:

cat /dev/null > /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log

The cron.log is normally empty, I run here several servers in production use that were installed as described in the perfect setup guide and I dont get a single line in the cron.log. I guess there are more general problems with the way you installed ispconfig.

Last edited by till; 30th April 2010 at 11:25.