View Single Post
Old 30th April 2010, 10:05
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts

Quote:
Additionally, I notice there's a PHP open_basedir field right in the options for the site in ISPConfig, and it already has all the necessary values filled in, but phpinfo() still shows "open_basedir" as "none". What is the point of this field if it doesn't actually do anything?
This depends on the PHP type that you selected. Not all options are possible for all php settings. suPHP_ConfigPath is an option that is only working when you select suphp. It does not work when you use mod_php or php as fastcgi.

Quote:
I'd like to point out how incredibly frustrating ISPConfig 3 has been to work with so far... the documentation is miserable, the options in the control panel are not clear (some make no sense at all), and half the features don't appear to function as expected. I keep coming back here for help, and the help I get is usually inadequate and sometimes takes days to receive. Sometimes I get no help at all unless I practically beg. I REALLY REALLY want to give ISPConfig 3 a chance, but so far, my experience has been very discouraging. I feel like I'm wasting my time, and my server will never be up and running.
So your compliant here is that poeple do not work fast enough in their free time for you? How many hours do you work for free for others every day? If you need faster support, you can order paid support.

By the way, there are ten thousands of servers systems running ISPCOnfig without problems, so if you have problems with your installation, then this does not mean that there are any problems with ISPCOnfig in general.

Quote:
Are there paid support options for ISPConfig 3 which would give me _adequate_ support? I'm ripping my hair out trying to get things setup properly, and strongly considering changing to a paid product. If the paid support options are no better than this, then I give up.
See ispconfig.org > support. To contact us for paid support, send an email to support [at] projektfarm [dor] de