View Single Post
Old 30th April 2010, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrg View Post
Ispconfig has a cron job that runs every minute. It should not take 15 minutes for that to run. Maybe you were waiting for DNS cache.
Definitely not waiting waiting for DNS cache, I was logged into the server and doing ls /var/www over and over again, waiting for the changes to happen. The changes included deleting a site, creating a new site, and a couple of DNS zone updates. All of them were sitting in the jobqueue for over 15 minutes. The directory structure constantly showed the deleted site as still present and the new site as non-existant. 15 minutes is an estimate, I gave up after 15 minutes and made myself lunch, and when I came back 25 minutes later, the jobqueue was finally empty and all the tasks had been performed. So the real elapsed time could've been anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes.

Quote:
Take a look at:
/var/log/ispconfig/cron.log

That's the log of actions from CRON.
My log file is filled with the following:
Code:
PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/imagick.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/imap.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
Over and over and over for ever and ever...

Additionally, hidden amongst all this trash, was the following:

Code:
userdel: warning: can't remove /var/mail/fpzhosting_1: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot run command `userdel': No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/www/clients/client1/web5/var': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/www/clients/client1/web5/var/run': File exists
ln: creating hard link `/var/www/clients/client1/web5/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' => `/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock': Invalid cross-device link
There might be other info in there, but the file is overwhelmed with all those constant error messages. The log file is already 2 MB in size. Further, it's not timestamped in any way so I can't tell when each log entry is from. This is a completely useless log file.

Quote:
It also could be that another issue was blocking your configuration to be activated. It could be a SSL certificate missing.
SSL is not enabled on any site right now. The tasks were performed successfully eventually. I just tried creating a new site, and this time it showed up within a minute, as it should. I don't understand why it took 15+ minutes before.

Quote:
You can also run the cron job manually.
/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
as root.
That's useful to know!