View Single Post
Old 17th April 2010, 21:55

Default Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Please make sure that the MX record for abc.com points to the correct server. you can check that by running
Code:
dig mx abc.com
I've used this exact setup I am using now many times throughout the years so I am not sure why it is not working but I do want to say that i've found a different way to configure my server with domains purchased through godaddy.

I made a technical domain- 123.com and add A records to it= srv1.123.com and srv2.123.com

Then build my ISPConfig server like this: and during the installation I make hostname= srv1 and make full in the /etc/hosts=srv1.123.com and on srv2 i made the same like srv2 and /etc/hosts=srv2.123.com

Now, ISPConfig install on the last stage of the installation you are presented with the question www and I chose= srv1 and for the question xyz.tld I chose 123.com so when I am complete I have an ISPConfig server like this: srv1.123.com and the other server is srv2.123.com!

So I do the first setps: change password, Create Master DNS=123.com(with static dsl IP) Then under DNS I click Records and add the A Record=srv1 with static IP of dsl.

Then I build my first site=abc.com and click dns and dns mx which creates an entry under the DNS tab. I go to the new DNS entry and change the abc.com from the 192.x.x.x to my static IP and the same for the record www=static IP. For the MX is always has srv1.123.com and worked before.....

Please review what I am doing and tell me why this is what is causing this issue because in the past, it would work.

Now, when I dig the mx record the results are:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;abc.com. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
abc.com. 86400 IN MX 10 srv1.123.com.
l
;; Query time: 408 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.254#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Sat Apr 17 15:42:12 2010
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 78

Thanks for your help!

happz