The only reason I wanted to switch was just as an experiment to see how I could do it.
Mydns works perfectly for me but I have a test server that I use to play about with as I find it a great way to learn how things work, if it all goes wrong I can just blank it and start again from scratch.
To remove mydns I just did a search on the hard drive for files called mydns and deleted them then went in to the rc[0 1 2 ...].d directories and removed the mydns files (this prevents mydns from starting on boot). I then restarted and installed bind9 and then edited all my dns zones as recommend by Till.
After this bind9 had all the required data in its zone files and was working as expected.
Last edited by kerrsmith; 31st March 2010 at 14:08.