View Single Post
Old 27th March 2010, 16:38

Default SpamSnake SpamAssassin Scoring Stops

I have been running the fantastic SpamSnake on Ubuntu 8.04 (http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfec...ke-ubuntu-8.04) for about a year and a half now with no problems.

Recently, I tweaked a lot of settings in an attempt to fix a long-standing problem with releasing messages from quarantine. I fixed that problem, but somewhere in there I caused a problem with the SpamAssassin scoring.

Every day around midnight, messages stop receiving a SA score, so nothing is marked as spam. Looking in MalWatch at the spam report for each message, it shows "Disabled due to 20 consecutive timeouts". If I reboot the SpamSnake everything starts working and messages are scored properly until midnight when the problem starts all over again.

I am assuming it has something to do with the db_clean.php script, since I see that in the cron it is set to run every night around midnight.

Code:
58 23 * * * /usr/bin/db_clean.php &> /dev/null
The only modification I made to the script was to change the path to functions.php.

Any ideas how to solve this? I know just enough Linux to be dangerous so I probably messed up something very simple.

Thanks.
Peter
Sponsored Links