View Single Post
Old 29th January 2010, 00:48

Default FTP Issues on ISPConfig3

Hi

Firstly, I'd like to say that I love ISPConfig !!!

It's a fantastic piece of kit and I think you are doing a marvelous job

I have an Ubuntu server which I setup using the "Perfect Server Ubuntu 9.04 ISPConfig 3" tutorial a while ago... I have been running it for a while now and everything is peachy... I have many websites and email domains configured, everything is working ok.. or at least, I thought it was...

I have been noticing lately that I get many many errors when connected via FTP.
It will connect and display the DIR contents, but then when I try to transfer files or change directories, it reconnects to the server and this doesn't work.

I have tried both passive and active transfer modes and I have tried it from the local LAN and from the outside world.

In FileZilla, this is a sample of the error messages:

Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/web" is your current location
Command: PORT 192,168,168,105,4,220
Response: 200 PORT command successful
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Connecting to port 43684
Response: 226-ASCII
Response: 226-Options: -l
Response: 226 5 matches total
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

In that example, I connected and it displayed the DIR contents, I then immediately tried to drag/drop the files to transfer and already it has to reconnect to the server

I am still only running ISPConfig 3.0.1.3 but I do run apt-get upgrade once a week.... will I see any difference if I upgrade my version of ISPConfig? Or is there something else going on here? I've tried searching google and here but haven't found anyone with the same problem

UPDATE: I just found the update instructions for ISPConfig3 and it's extremely easy to do lol... so I have updated to 3.0.1.6 and still having the same problem
Sponsored Links