View Single Post
Old 27th January 2010, 17:29

The install is straight off the 9.10 server CD followed by aptitude update / safe-upgrade:
Code:
~$ uname -srvmo
Linux 2.6.31-17-server #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 18:06:56 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
apparmour was disabled / removed per the tutorial.
/etc/mtab seems OK:
Code:
:/etc$ cat mtab
/dev/mapper/M3N78EM_VG1-M3N78EM_V2_ROOT / ext4 rw,errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
none /sys sysfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
none /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw 0 0
none /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw 0 0
none /sys/kernel/security securityfs rw 0 0
udev /dev tmpfs rw,mode=0755 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=0620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
none /var/run tmpfs rw,nosuid,mode=0755 0 0
none /var/lock tmpfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
none /lib/init/rw tmpfs rw,nosuid,mode=0755 0 0
/dev/mapper/M3N78EM_VG1-M3N78EM_V3_HOME /home ext4 rw 0 0
/dev/md0 /boot ext4 rw 0 0
I have not explicitly set any quota limits, and the quotas for root and my username are at zero (output of 'edquota root'):
Code:
Disk quotas for user root (uid 0):
  Filesystem                   blocks       soft       hard     inodes     soft     hard
  /dev/mapper/M3N78EM_VG1-M3N78EM_V2_ROOT    1033732          0          0      53073        0        0
The result of edquota for my username shows no disk usage, which is accurate since my home folder is currently empty:
Code:
Disk quotas for user username (uid 1000):
  Filesystem                   blocks       soft       hard     inodes     soft     hard
  /dev/mapper/M3N78EM_VG1-M3N78EM_V2_ROOT          0          0          0          0        0        0
I notice here, however, that quota is reporting the ROOT volume and not the HOME volume where my /home folder is mounted. I'm not familiar enough with quota to know if it should report both volumes here?
I have installed, configured, and started shorewall via aptitude by enabling in /etc/apt/sources.list:
Code:
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu karmic partner
so that the only uncommented sources here are the backports. I only mention it because this was the only off-tutorial part (yet).

BTW, this is a test install on a spare for trying out 9.10 prior to replacing the old server h/w . In a few days I will receive the new server hardware, and I plan to do the 'real' install over the weekend. Perhaps there's something I can do along the way to help discover what happened here.