View Single Post
Old 1st January 2010, 18:20

hi falko thanks for getting back to me, I tried setting up an email user in ispconfig but still had problems loging in, other then I managed to get elgg installed but I couldn't get Elgg database setup. I hoping to get Elgg database was installed successfully, but that wouldnt work either. I just received the blue page saying it was unsuccessful or something. I also tried browsing my url remotely from a server not on my network and it would just time out, I thought maybe it was because I used my local ip instead of my router IP, (so stupid I am because Ive already tried this beofre and it stuffed up) but yea I then tried changing
Code:
vi /etc/network/interfaces
and then ran
Code:
/etc/init.d/networking restart
also changed
Code:
vi /etc/hosts
and then ran
Code:
echo server1.example.com > /etc/hostname
/etc/init.d/hostname.sh start
hostname
hostname -f
but now I cant even get to the main page of elgg , ispconfig or squirrel.

I think it has something to do with my apache2 vhost not restarting, Ive tried rebooting the whole server and Ive also tried restarting apache2 and on both occasions I get the following error.
Code:
Restarting web server: apache2apache2: Syntax error on line 281 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 46 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/seedmachines.com.vhost: Expected </VirtualHost> but saw </Directory>
 failed!
mate if u know were Ive stuffed up that would really be great if u could assist me, I have already attempted this setup more then 10x and cant seem to get elgg working properly, I even edited the setting.php files manually but am still messing up, more importantly atm I cant even get ispconfig to lead, which im sure is because of apache2 failing.

btw Im using ispconfig-3.0.1.6 and jailkit-2.10, only because I could get the versions in the tutorial to work, when trying to install them I recieved errors so I had changed to the latest version I could find...

Thanks in advance
Husskii

btw Im not too sure this setup is what I need and am hoping u can advise me what to use. Im trying to build a simple website with a ticket system were my customers can come and view products & make orders from the site. I have a registered domain & now I just need the right setup. the main reason why I chose this setup of ur The Perfect Server - Debian Lenny (Debian 5.0) [ISPConfig 3] setup over ur lamp setup was because I eventually want to start a support forum to go with the site and the fact that I can have web applications to setup the site. ideally what I would like to have is something similar to what hosting sites offer, where u buy a hosting plan and can install apps such as wordpress drupal etc as Ive only been using linux for about 6months now and still have a lot to learn.

I dnt think I need mydns as I have dns setup with the ppls i registered my domain with and apparent I have a customer email with the package too, but I dnt min spirell as i think it gives me more control instead of getting all my mail forwarded from w/e email i have registered with my domain registar

Last edited by husskii; 1st January 2010 at 20:59.