View Single Post
Old 31st December 2009, 13:27
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by husskii View Post
my first problem is that with squirrelmail when I try to login it will not except my user or pass as one of them is wrong. Im hoping its just me being a noob and that there is a defualt user/pass which i dnt know. at the moment I have tried my servers root user and pass, also tried my sql user and pass and my normal user and pass, and all three were unsuccessful, am I just totally way off if so, what should I be using for my first login?
The username is the email address in this case as ISPConfig 3 configures virtual email users.

Quote:
I alos encountered a problem whilst trying to openbsb-inetd, I ran the command
Code:
/etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd restart
I recieved the following error,
Code:
restarting internet superserver: inetdNot starting internet supervisor: no serice enable
That's normal - it just means that there's no service left that should be controlled by inetd.

Quote:
and I also had a problem running
Code:
quotacheck -avugm
where I recieved an error of
Code:
quotacheck: you kernel probably supports journaled quota but you are not using it, consider switching to journaled quota to avoid running quotacheck after an unclean shutdown.
quotacheck: warning - quotafile //quota.user was probably truncated, cannot save quota settings....
quotacheck: warning - quotafile //quota.group was probably truncated, cannot save quota settings....
quotacheck scanning: /dev/hdb1 [/] done
quoatcheck checked 3679 directories and 35420 files
then the command [ode]quotaon -avug
/dev/hdb1 [/]: group quotas turned on
/dev/hdb1 [/]: user quotas turned on$[/code]

so Im not sure if its all ok or If I still need to do anything to fix
Code:
quotacheck -avugm
That's also normal when you configure quota for the first time.

Quote:
Also following the tutorial word for word I installed pureftpd but when trying to connect with filezilla to my actuall server
the login root is accepted but my pass again is wrong and fails to authenticate. isnt it like proftpd where I use the same credentials
that I use on the server?
You must use the username that you configured in ISPConfig 3.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: