View Single Post
Old 30th December 2009, 20:01

Unhappy

That site did prove useful.

I wasn't sure if my previous slave name server was doing it's job so I've used one supplied by zoneedit which does seem to be picking up the records from the primary. The serials are currently out of sync but I think that'll cure in time.

I seem to have a problem with glue records. The results are as below
Quote:
NS records got from your nameservers listed at the parent NS are:

ns1.badbison.co.uk *[] (NO GLUE) * [TTL=86400]
ns2.zoneedit.com *['69.72.158.226'] * [TTL=86400]
ns2.zoneedit.com.badbison.co.uk *[] (NO GLUE) * [TTL=86400]*

Recursive Queries Good. Your nameservers (the ones reported by the parent server) do not report that they allow recursive queries for anyone.
Same Glue Looks like the A records (the GLUE) got from the parent zone check are different than the ones got from your nameservers. You have to make sure your parent server has the same NS records for your zone as you do.I detected some problems as follows:
For ns2.zoneedit.com the parent reported: ['69.72.158.226'] and your nameservers reported: ['69.72.158.226']

INFO: GLUE was not sent when I asked your nameservers for your NS records.This is ok but you should know that in this case an extra A record lookup is required in order to get the IPs of your NS records. The nameservers without glue are:
You can fix this for example by adding A records to your nameservers for the zones listed above.

FAIL: The following nameservers are listed at your nameservers as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the parent nameservers (see RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these nameservers are working.If they are not working ok, you may have problems!*
ns2.zoneedit.com.badbison.co.uk
web pages are still appearing intermittently and emails take six hours to get through from some domains.
I'd really appreciate some guidance as what to do next please.