View Single Post
Old 28th December 2009, 16:48

Default Fixing open_basedir restriction

So, I switched to ISPconfig3 over the weekend. All good. Basic sites moved fine. However, when I tried to run the wordpress install on one site (via moving the wordpress install files into a sub-dir I created off that sites web root called "Blog") I got this error on the first step:
Quote:
Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/wp-config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web3) in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/wp-load.php on line 27
I got similar error on subsequent steps. Basically, ispconfig3's php safe mode is blocking I assume. However there is no checkbox like in ispconfig2 to shut it off for that site.

I googled around and saw comments from Till that such errors could be fixed by editing the vhost.conf.master and adding the directory to the open_bind statements in the file (2 places). So I added this:
Code:
php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/blog
After the two open_bind statements already in that file. Making it look like this (first instance shown):

Quote:
<tmpl_if name='security_level' op='==' value='20'>
php_admin_value open_basedir <tmpl_var name='document_root'>/web:<tmpl_var name='document_root'>/tmp:/usr/share/php5
#buck - added for wp
php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/blog
</tmpl_if>
On trying the install page again (after stop/starting apache and resaving the site in ispconfig to regen the site specific vhosts - which i assume come from the vhosts.conf.master file.) i got nothing - same open_bind restriction error.

Did I edit/add the open_bind statement incorrectly? If not, is there a better way to install wordpress for a site running on ispconfig3? I assume you should move the files to a sub-dir of the site /web directory (as that is how it used to work).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by runbuck; 28th December 2009 at 16:50.
Sponsored Links