View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:56
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_horse View Post
1.) Do i need to create for each local user an entry inside MYSQL so that they receive mails as well ?
No, don't add local users and their domains to the MySQL database. The database must contain only virtual users and only the domains that the virtual users use. The domains that are used by local users must be in mydestination, not in the database.

Quote:
2.) would it be possible to get the BIND9 configuration for your TUTORIAL, because i guess that the mail.example.com will be defined in BIND, so an example config would be nice.Is it maybe required to configure BIND for mail for this scenario ?
You must configure the DNS records on the authoritative DNS servers for your domain (most likely they are run by your domain registrar). You can find them out by running
Code:
dig ns yourdomain.com
Quote:
3.) How can i add an other domain, like i've got

a) domain1.dyndns.org
b) domain2.dyndns.org

I've added these two domains into

mydestination = domain2.dyndns.org, localhost.domain2.dyndns.org, SERVERNAME.domain1.dyndns.org, localhost.domain1.dyndns.org, localhost, localhost.localdomain'

and into domains tbl. The users tbl contain

a) sales@domain1.dyndns.org
b) sales@domain2.dyndns.org
If you use domain1.dyndns.org and domain2.dyndns.org for virtual users, then you must remove them from mydestination. They must be in the database.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: